Special Education Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistants required in Thurrock
- Regular Work
- Weekly Pay
- Challenging yet rewarding job role
Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting for Special Education Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistants to work with pupils who have learning difficulties, behavioural problems or physical or sensory disabilities. Many of the young people we work with have had a reluctance to engage in Education so having imagination, creativity and a positive problem solving disposition is essential to help us create new ways of helping young people engage in Education-.
Being a SEN TA is both challenging and rewarding and the role is likely to vary hugely on a day to day basis. The tasks which a SEN TA carries out can include:
1. Preparing materials, equipment and lessons
2. Assessing the individual learning needs of pupils
3. Evaluating and reporting pupils’ progress to teachers, carers, healthcare professionals and anybody else who helps them
4. Assisting with the personal care needs of pupils
5. Coping with challenging behaviour and dealing with difficult situations
6. Liaising with parents, carers and other professionals who work with the pupil
7. supervising activities such as trips locally.
8. Working with teachers to find bespoke child centred education to help engage the young people in Education.
1. A teaching assistant qualification is desirable but not essential.
2. Ideally you will have experience working within a SEN/EBD school setting
The school is a large primary school with children from a variety of backgrounds needing different levels of support
Teaching Personnel are the largest sole Education agency who specialise in providing teachers and support staff to schools across Essex and the rest of the UK. We have worked solely as an education recruitment provider since 1996. During this time we have supplied staff to thousands of schools and helped tens of thousands of teachers and teaching assistants find the type of work they were seeking.