SEN specialist required to provide 1:1 support to Year 4 SEMH pupil in South Manchester.
- Providing continuity and consistent support to a year 4 pupil with SEMH.
- Initially building a trusting working relationship with the pupil in Pupil Referral Unit.
- Transferring to a South Manchester primary school with the pupil to help maintain continuity.
Teaching Personnel are working on behalf of a client primary school located in South Manchester who is seeking a SEN specialist to provided 1:1 support to a year 4 pupil with SEMH. At the present time, this pupil is being educated at a central Manchester Pupil Referral Unit, meaning the school are looking for someone with experience of working in this setting.
Plans are being put into place to transfer this pupil back into mainstream education by this coming september as long as the pupil is being provided with the relevant support and has developed a trusting relationship with their teaching assistant.
The successful candidate must be able to deal with challenging behaviour using a confident and consistent approach and be able to full continuity to make this pupil feel supported.
• Providing continuity and consistent support to a year 4 pupil with SEMH.
• Initially building a trusting working relationship with the pupil in Pupil Referral Unit.
• Helping the pupil access the National Curriculum by dealing with their challenging use a variety of behavioural management strategies.
• Transferring to a South Manchester primary school with the pupil to help maintain continuity.
If you have experience working in a Pupil Referral Unit supporting pupils with SEMH, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Manchester South Primary branch of Teaching Personnel on: 0161 242 1792 for more information.