Humanities teacher needed for SEN school
- Are you a highly driven teacher?
- Have you had experience teaching pupils with SEN?
- Please contact Zoe 0118 9071532
A school in Reading that caters for secondary aged boys with SEMH, Autism and Asperger’s syndrome are looking for a full time Humanities teacher. Planning and preparing will be expected of the candidate.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To keep up to date and have awareness of current, significant initiatives in education and in the teaching of your subjects.
- To liaise with your line manager to ensure the creation, consistent implementation and improvement of courses and schemes of work so that they are accessible to pupils and provide appropriate challenges for all pupils.
- To differentiate within the classroom to meet the needs of pupils with a wide range of abilities and specific learning difficulties.
The successful candidate will be:
- A teacher with experience of working with children who have challenging behaviour
- Able to join an already successful and hard working team
- Able to use their own initiative
- Determined to provide high level childcare and education at an appropriate level
- Enthusiastic in making learning engaging
- Have experience with SATs
Should you require any additional information regarding the role or indeed want to apply for the position, please contact your SEN specialist Zoe on 01189 071532.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to posts through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.