Romani speaking Teaching Assistant
- Good rates of pay for the right candidate
- Opportunity to work for the market leader in education recruitment
- Refer a Friend Scheme
Teaching Personnel are looking for Bilingual EAL Teaching Assistant to work in a variety of schools across Coventry. Particular languages spoken include Romanian, Polish, Czech and Slovakian.
1. Promote effective strategies for the acquisition of increasing levels of competence in spoken and written English by bilingual learners
2. Plan resources to support language acquisition stages of bilingual learners with the provision of appropriately differentiated work.
3. Play a full part role in the Pupil Support faculty and school’s assessment recording and reporting processes and ensure that accurate records are kept of the educational development of EAL and EM students.
4. Use data to identify EAL learners for targeted support, track and monitor interventions and feedback to staff.
5. Coordinate the admissions of new arrivals, including conducting an initial EAL assessment and sharing information with staff.
6. Establish and foster effective working relationships with others staff where appropriate, including liaising with colleagues about pastoral issues concerning EM students.
7. Share information about EAL and EM students that will support teachers in meeting the needs of the students
8. Assist in the delivery of INSET for colleagues on raising achievement for pupils with EAL and EM pupils at risk of underachievement.
You will also ideally have a NVQ 2 or 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning in the Classroom or CACHE Level 2 or 3 in Child Development. For more information please contact Jennifer on 02476 239009