Reading Recovery Teaching Assistant Required in Rochdale
- Do you have a passion for Literacy and Reading?
- Do you have experience supporting Primary School Children on a small group or 1:1 basis?
- Teach targeted literacy intervention to small groups of students daily using research-based strategies and resources.
Reading Support Assistant Needed
Reading support assistant needed to work in a Rochdale primary school.
Do you have a passion for reading?
Do you hold an English degree and wish to gain experience working in education?
Are you a Teacher / Teaching Assistant with a proven track record of increasing pupils reading age already?
If so this position could be yours…
Our client school are seeking an experience reading support assistant to target pupils one to one and in small groups whose reading age is not where it should be.
You will be required to…
1. Coordinate and facilitate the school’s literacy intervention program.
2. Collaborate with teachers individually to identify the literacy needs of students, to set learning goals and targets, and to problem solve with teachers to develop best practices for continuous academic growth of students in literacy.
3. Assist teachers with the collection of data, analysis of data results and supports the sharing of findings with all staff.
4. Review student achievement and assist with placing students in appropriate reading and writing intervention and support services.
5. Teach targeted literacy intervention to small groups of students daily using research-based strategies and resources.
6. Assist students using software and materials related to literacy programs.
7. Meet regularly with the classroom teacher to plan literacy instruction that correlates with the individual student’s needs or as requested by the classroom teacher.
8. Attend professional development to enhance knowledge of pedagogy and content, especially literacy.
9. Maintain and submit accurate and up-to-date management records of all students’ progress.
Please call me on 0161 242 1790 to express an interest in this post.
Alternatively please visit our web site www.teachingpersonnel.com/register for a local consultant to contact you.