PMLD Teaching Assistants Required for Schools in Newcastle
- Do you have experience of working with children who have learning difficulties and/or complex physical needs?
- Do you want to undertake further professional development?
- Are you looking for short and long term supply work?
Do you have experience of working with children who have learning difficulties and/or complex physical needs?
Teaching Personnel are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant in the Newcastle area to work with pupils with Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties. We have multiple positions available and are looking for enthusiastic and experienced candidates. If you are looking for short term supply work or a long term vacancy in the area, we want to hear from you.
- Have a passion and enthusiasm for working with children
- Be comfortable in assisting with feeding and changing
- Possess an understanding and supportive approach to working with children with SEN
- Be able to work well independently using own initiative yet take instruction from teachers
- Converse effectively with parents and teachers regarding pupils behaviour and progress
- Able to create appropriate activities designed for various levels to aid childrens learning
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of children at all times
- Have relevant experience to the role
Although a background in a school environment is desirable, we will also consider applicants that have a background in the support/care industry. Newcastle has plenty to offer and has easy access transport links such as the A1, A19 and A167 and bus, rail and metro.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure (Child Workforce only) via the DBS that is registered with the Update Service– Full assistance provided (AGY).