Teaching Assistants required in Newcastle to work with KS1 – KS2 students with PMLD
- Working with students (KS1 – KS2) who have PMLD (Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties)
- Effectively working alongside other support staff and taking direction from teachers to implement SEN support techniques and personal care
- Excellent opportunities for CPD training including MAKATON, NASEN and Team Teach
Teaching Personnel are looking to recruit Teaching Assistants to work with KS1 – KS2 pupils with PMLD or Personal Care/Care Worker experience in Newcastle for an OFSTED rated "Outstanding" School.
The students have all different levels of PMLD including non-verbal and sensory. The right Teaching Assistant would be expected to work within small classes on a 1 to 1 basis with the young person, taking direction from the teacher, delivering personal care as well as using their own initiative.
The particular school is a very accessible area of the North East and has excellent bus and metro links.
This role provides fantastic prospects for professional development, the chance to undertake exclusive CPD courses and gain further abilities with personal skills.
- A passion for working with children with PMLD
- Shows enthusiasm and confidence
- Ability to work under pressure
- Calm and Patient Approach
- Able to deliver personal care
- Awareness of safety and wellbeing of children at all times
- Good understanding of SEN, including PMLD
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS – Full assistance provided (AGY).
If you are interested in applying please contact Niall Balmer in the Tyne Tees SEN branch on 0191 223 5073, or send your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org