Independent SEN School looking for SEN Teaching Assistant – Thurrock
- Independent SEN School with supportive staff
- Long term full time role with potential to go permanent
- Training will be provided for the right candidate
A wonderful independent SEN School in Thurrock are looking for a Special Education Need (SEN) Teaching Assistant for a long term and full time role. The school are looking for teaching assistant who will be flexible, adaptable and some one who is passionate and hungry to get involved supporting SEN pupils.
About the School
A specialist independent mixed day school for pupils between the ages of 3 – 1 9 years. The highly unique Profound (Developmental) Curriculum is designed to provide education in an integrated manner incorporating learning, therapy and health needs for pupils with Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties which are compounded by a high degree of dependency, and who require very specialised management for physical disabilities, sensory impairment and complex medical needs. The school is made up of four classes with 25 pupils who require 1-1 tuition.
About the Role
• This is a full time long term position to start immediately
• The role is to support SEN pupils across the school and may require 1-1
• There will be wheel chair hoisting and personal care (toileting and changing nappies)
The ideal Candidate
• Moving Handling experience and or training is beneficial
• Experience with PMLD, complex, medical and severe learning difficulties is beneficial
• Candidates with experience as a residential support worker, health care worker, nursing, carer or along these lines of work will also be considered.
• Need to be able to commit long term and full time (5 days a week) role with potential to go permanent
• Able to provide all the correct vetting documents – full support and guidance will be given
If you interested and looking for work with SEN pupils or are interested in a similar role within working in school and education, then please send an updated CV to Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Chelmsford branch on 01245 206760