Teaching Assistant, Wallasey
- Be part of a network for schools, supporting pupils part of the Cheshire West and Chester Virtual School
- Looking to start a new role in education 2016?
- Support a Year 10 pupil on a 1-2-1 basis
Do you have experience supporting young people / adults? Looking to start a new role in September 2016? Do you have experience teaching sport?
We are looking for an experienced person in supporting young people and / or adults on a one-to-one basis with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. On behalf of Cheshire West and Chester Local Authority Virtual School we need the right person to work with a Year 10 pupil, based in a Secondary school in Wallasey. As this student is particularly interested in sports we are looking for someone who would be willing to also incorporate this in to the students daily schedule.
To be successful in this role you must have prior experience in supporting in either a paid or volunteer placement, working with young people or adults with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
To work with this pupil you be required daily:
• To begin each session new day, new start
• Ensure instructions are clear, repeated and explained
• Collating learning objectives to maintain attention and focus
• Ensure consistency in lessons
• Use of kinaesthetic methods wherever possible
• Avoid change without prior notice
• Any sanction should be swift and appropriate
• Where possible ignore low level verbal disruption
• Allow a time-out if inattentive
In working for Teaching Personnel you will benefit from:
• Choice and Variety – giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
• Teaching Personnel’s CPD Academy – Your Continuous Professional Development
• Pay – Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
• Safe Working Practice – ensuring your reputation is protected
If meet the above criteria and are available immediately please contact our Liverpool Secondary / SEN office on 0151 285 4258 or register your details online at: https://register.teachingpersonnel.com