Year 1 teacher required for Summer term 2016!
- Supportive school environment
- Competitive rates of pay
- Great CPD opportunities with Teaching Personnel
Teaching Personnel are currently looking for a Year 1 teacher to work on a temporary basis in a school in Leicester City.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Initiating and encouraging children to engage in the school curriculum and schemes of work.
- Following and implementing school policies and procedures.
- Providing well-planned, engaging and creative learning experiences and support for the children.
- Playing and active role on the general life of the school.
- Take on the responsibility for an extra-curricular activity as appropriate.
- To deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant & differentiated curriculum to all pupils in your care.
- To facilitate and encourage high quality learning which provides children with the opportunity to achieve their full potential and make excellent progress.
- To evaluate your teaching and use the evaluation to improve and implement a variety of teaching strategies.
- To maintain positive behaviour in accordance with the school ethos and to be a good role model in all aspects of school life.
- To follow school procedures for assessing, recording and reporting on children's achievement and for using this information to recognise progress in report writing and record keeping.
- To make effective use of teaching assistants to support children in their learning.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will ideally have:
QTS with Key Stage 1 training and experience
Training in all aspects of phonics
Relevant class teaching experience
Strong knowledge and experience of the curriculum, as well as recording of children's achievement in individual Learning Journeys and mapping progress.
If this sounds like the right role for you then please contact Robert on 01162325200 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.