Maths tutors required for Northamptonshire Looked After Children tutoring roles!
- Flexible working hours (the work can be sessional)
- Competitive rates of pay (£15 - £25 per hour)
- Ongoing CPD including Team Teach, Prevent/Child Protection training and Autism Awareness
Are you a recent graduate of Maths looking for a route in to education, OR a teacher looking to work as a part time tutor?
If so, we are working on behalf of a client in Northamptonshire who require Maths specialists to tutor Looked After Children in the community and in Northamptonshire schools.
Some of these students may have been recently excluded from schools or they may be new to the care system, which subsequently may cause emotional difficulties for the students. The role will entail supporting students at KS3 through to KS4 delivering basic numeracy skills and GCSE Maths catch up and booster sessions for underachieving students.
The main elements of the job:
• Supporting Looked After Children aged 11 – 16 one to one both in schools and out in the community.
• Basic Numeracy skills to GCSE Maths skills and knowledge
• Breaking down students barriers to education
• Developing confidence, self-esteem & desire to achieve in students
What do you need to be considered?
• A positive and nurturing approach to working, with a genuine desire to see students succeed in their education!
• Be a graduate of Maths or a Fully Qualified Teacher with Maths specialism or experience
• Have gained some experience working with children, either paid or voluntarily and understand the challenges but likewise, the rewards that can be experienced working with these age groups.
For further information, please contact Ashley on 01604 521215 or email your CV through to me directly.