Mathematics intervention teacher Oldham
- MPS scale pay on offer for first term
- Reduced responsibility and shorter working day
- 5 minute drive from M60 (Junction 22)
Mathematics Intervention teacher required at large Oldham secondary school from September
Due to recent to the recent rise in levels of attainment and pupil progress in Mathematics, our client school are looking to appoint a suitably qualified Mathematics teacher to work as a solely Mathematics intervention teacher providing small group and 1:1 support to students across Key Stages 3 and 4.
- Flexible working schedule for full or part time work
- Targeted intervention for a select core of students in need of additional support
- Collaborative approach to Mathematics intervention
Our client school is a non-selective mixed academy school in Oldham, Hollinwood. The school has made consistent progress in the past couple of years and successfully accelerated the progress of students in Mathematics through targeted intervention. The school serves a diverse catchment area with the majority of students of white-British heritage and an above number of those are eligible for pupil premium funding. The school was formed when sponsored by a national academy trust and two former sites merged to be housed in a newly built state of the art educational facility with excellent provisions for learning and which has culminated in a climate for learning.
You will be delivered targeted intervention to a select number of students, of which you will have responsibility for tracking progress and attainment in your sessions and relaying this back to the Head of Mathematics. You may be asked to support on a 1:1 basis with the more disengaged students who are not accessing the lesson in their classes.
Requirements of this post;
- PGCE in secondary Mathematics
- Previous experience teaching Mathematics at Key Stage 3 and 4
- The ability to build quickly build rapport and encourage participation in Mathematics
If you are interested in working as a Mathematics intervention teacher, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 0161 242 1794.