Teacher of Geography required for October 2016, Portsmouth
- Full time role for a terms cover in the first instance with the potential of a temp to perm contract
- The role is suitable for an NQT or more experienced teacher
- Please apply no later than the 15th October 2016 to be considered for the role
• The school will invest in you as an individual and support you in your future career path.
• “good” school with “outstanding” features
• Competitive rate of pay
The school is a unique school which offers staff and students great opportunities to develop; a school which truly believes 'Your only limitation is your ambition.'
The school is a slightly larger than average secondary school and are looking for someone who, either, is already or has the potential to become an outstanding leader and colleague with a commitment to education and young people and the extra-curricular life of the school.
This post is absolutely crucial to the continued development of the school. You will join a supportive team of seven colleagues. You will be required to teach KS3 and GCSE Geography following the OCR A GCSE syllabi. The department is well resources with textbooks to support your teaching.
The school has seen significant improvement over the last couple of years.
The ideal Candidate will:
- Good classroom management
- Sound understanding of the process of teaching and learning
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to foster good relationships with students and staff
- Ability to enthuse young people to want to learn & instil curiosity
If you want and enjoy a challenge, are able to make a difference and care passionately about the education of young people, then please send your CV to dominique.long@teaching personnel.com or call Dominique 02380 331 441, your personal secondary consultant.