Cover Supervisor Role - North Surrey
- Ideal for those looking to go into teaching and have one subject area they are confident in
- Potential to be taken onto the schools contract as an onsite cover supervisor
- Chance to be part of a team of hardworking and dedicated staff
Our North Surrey client is an 11-16 mixed comprehensive school located near Middlesex, close to the London border.
The school has “created an effective and committed team which is passionate about improving the life chances of pupils” (Ofsted, March 2016).
Our ideal candidate should:
• Be educated to degree level
• Have a formal qualification equivalent to GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
• Be an excellent role-model for young people
• Have excellent communication skills with both children and adults
• Be confident to take charge of a class
• Have the ability to follow guidelines and policies
Duties will include:
• Supervising a class or group
• Managing pupils behaviour during lessons
• Supervise completion of work allocated
• Assisting pupils when required
• Communicating at all levels
• Working as part of a team within the department and the school as a whole
• When not required to cover, the successful applicant would be expected to work as a Teaching Assistant, assisting teachers in class working with particular students
If you feel that you could supervise work in accordance with school policy, manage the behaviour of students who are undertaking the work set, respond to students, create and maintain a safe environment for all students, collect work that has been set and feedback on behaviour and any issues that arise during the lessons, then this is the job for you!
Contact Jessica on 01189071341 or firstname.lastname@example.org.