Cover supervisors - Northumberland
- Cover Supervisors required
- Northumberland schools
- Flexible working
Teaching Personnel are working in partnership with a large number of leading secondary academies and schools in coastal Northumberland, many exclusively. With a variety of roles from Cramlington to Berwick, via Ashington, Bedlington, Morpeth, Alnwick and Blyth; we have a position local to you!
Teaching Personnel are the largest supplier of education supply staff in the UK. Established since 1996, we have amassed 20 years of experience delivering staffing, intervention and supply to thousands of schools, finding work for thousands of teachers every day.
Teaching Personnel has also been physically established locally, situated in Newcastle and the surrounding areas for 13 years.
We are currently recruiting Cover Supervisors to work in the Northumberland area.
The role of the Cover Supervisor is to supervise classes during the short-term absence of the assigned teacher.
• Supervising work that has been set by a teacher.
• Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment.
• Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures.
• Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures.
• Collecting completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher.
• Reporting, as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of pupils during the class and on any problems arising.
Successful applicants will:
• Be highly adaptable as there is no a regular timetable
• Be resilient
• Hold behaviour management skills
• Be diplomatic
• Hold a degree or have previous experience within a school in a similar position.