LSA Cover Supervisor
- Opportunity for LSA's to lead cover in local Hampshire school
- Flexible working hours
- Earn up to £80 per day as an unqualified teacher
A cover supervisor works in schools providing assistance to the regular teaching teams by taking classes and ensuring they are working on tasks. They play a huge part in the running of a modern school, by freeing up the regular qualified teaching staff to carry out essential marking, planning and preparation. The role has grown in recent year and almost every secondary school will engage cover supervisors.
The role of a cover supervisor is one that carries great responsibility as they are in sole charge of the classroom control and ultimately the safety of children in their control.
• No formal qualifications required
• Significant experience of working with secondary age children in a position of authority
• Ideally of graduate experience
• Suitable experience may be as sports coaches or youth leaders
A cover supervisor is in charge of the classroom management and makes sure that the pupils keep on task.
The Pay is up to £80 per school day depending on experience.
Work for this role often comes in on daily basis, so you will need to be flexible.
However, if you are good the job is regular and it may even turn into a permanent position. Many people use the role of cover supervisor as a kick-start to a teaching career.
To be considered for this type of work in our local schools please call and ask for Jessica on 01189071341.