ESOL and EAL Specialists required for Asylum Seeker tuition roles!
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive rates of pay (£15 p/h for TA's, £25 p/h for Teachers)
- Exciting opportunities based all over Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire
There is an increasing demand for ESOL, EAL and Language specialists to work with asylum seekers across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, many of whom are brand new to the UK.
Many of these students are keen to learn but are currently without a school place, so they require full time tuition to help them learn adequate English skills prior to joining a new school. Some transition work may also be required within the school environment to help the students settle.
The ideal candidate will be:
• ESOL qualified with CELTA or specialist ESOL qualifications
• Experienced working with students who have English as an Additional Language or those who have English as a Second Language who require the learning barriers to be broken down
• Confident to break down the learning barriers
• Able to implement cross –curricular subjects with a predominant focus on English/Literacy
• Willing and able to promote positive self-esteem and confidence, in particular helping students to develop social and independence skills
• Willing to go the extra mile in order to aid student learning
• Responsible for the safety and welfare of the students at all times, especially when working on a 1:1 basis in the community
• Confident to implement pastoral support to ensure the students remain motivated and engaged
• Willing to provide weekly feedback reports to Teaching Personnel so that progress can be monitored and assessed at all times.
For additional information about these types of roles, please contact Emma Gale as soon as possible to register for work.