Learning Support Assistant with Literacy skills needed for Primary School in Barking and Dagenham
- Supportive senior management team
- Great transport links nearby
- Excellent pay
Are you currently looking to start your career in education but don’t have the relevant experience or qualifications?
Teaching Personnel is currently offering the opportunity for the right candidate to help improve primary aged children’s reading skills and confidence.
We at Teaching Personnel offer a personalised tutoring service to help schools increase pupil attainment. We call these our intervention programmes and each of these has been designed to help pupils reach their full potential. As a learning support assistant you will be working in one-to-two reading practice groups to help raise attainment for disadvantaged pupils.
These paired sessions are a more relaxed and enjoyable environment, running for 30 minute or 1 hour timeslots throughout the school day.
Learning Support Assistant responsibilities include:
• Helping disadvantaged pupils practice and improve their reading skills.
• Identifying learning gaps and supporting class teachers in the narrowing of these gaps.
• Helping raise pupil attainment.
• To encourage pupils and help build reading confidence.
• To complement classroom teaching.
Benefits of role:
• Invaluable experience working within a learning environment for those working towards their PGCE.
• A real chance to help disadvantaged children improve their reading ability.
• Gaining invaluable tutoring experience in a one-on-two environment.
The right candidate will be a current learning support assistant with literacy skills and experience working with young children.
For the chance to be a part of this unique intervention programme, send your CV to email@example.com today or call and 0207 593 3079 for more information