Primary School KS2 Teaching Assistant Specialising in English needed in Hammersmith & Fulham
- Providing support to pupils on a whole class, small group and 1:1 basis
- Excellent teacher training opportunities in an outstanding Ofsted rated school
- Interactive learning environment
Are you currently looking to start your career in education but don’t have the relevant experience or qualifications? Teaching Personnel is currently offering the opportunity for the right candidate to help improve primary aged children’s literacy skills and confidence.
Teaching personnel are looking for a teaching assistant specialising in English to join an outstanding Ofsted rated Catholic primary school based in Hammersmith. The ideal candidate will need to have a strong literacy base and a passion for English.
You will be working within a Catholic school whose mission is to provide an education that enables children to realise their full potential. You will be assisting the year 6 teacher in a class of 28 mixed ability pupils focusing on their English and literacy - this includes whole class practice, group intervention and 1:1 tuition. Occasionally you may be required to work with other classes across KS2.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain primary school experience with a view of pursuing a career in education with full support provided by the school if you would like to continue on the road of completing you PGCE.
The school is looking for someone to start asap, but are happy to wait for the right candidate.
Any candidate interested in this opportunity will be expected to have:
• A professional attitude and engaging personality
• The ability to develop relationships and work with young people
• Passion and enthusiasm for English
• Experience working with children in or out of a school environment
• Helping disadvantaged pupils practice and improve their reading skills
• Encouraging pupils and helping them build their reading confidence
• Identifying learning gaps and supporting class teachers in the narrowing of these gaps
• Helping raise pupil attainment
• Complementing classroom teaching
If you are interested in the role the please send your CV to charlie.holloway@teaching