English Intervention Assistant (Graduate Level role)
- Full time role in Huddersfield
- Secondary School environment
- Ideal role for graduate of English (or related subject) aspiring to get into teaching!
Are you an aspiring teacher with the drive to develop your experience in a Secondary School? Have you recently graduated in English (or a related subject) and are looking to take the next step towards a career in education? If you have some experience with Secondary aged pupils we want to hear from you for an exciting role!
Teaching Personnel are currently working with a School in the Huddersfield area who are seeking an English Intervention Assistant for a full time role starting as soon as possible until the end of the Summer term.
The role would involve one-to-one, small group and in class support mainly based within the English department, but there may also be opportunity to work in other departments too. The purpose of the role is to support students in raising attainment in English and increasing their literacy skills. This role would ideally suit a recent graduate with a strong background in English who is perhaps looking to go into teaching training in the future.
The school is located in Huddersfield, with excellent public transport links and is a short drive from the M62 so is easy to reach from across West Yorkshire and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A degree (in an English related subject preferred but not essential)
• The drive and passion to forge a career in Secondary Education
• Full time availability during term time
• Minimum of grade ‘C’ in GCSE Maths and English
• The ability to quickly build rapport with vulnerable and sometimes challenging pupils
Teaching Personnel is the leading education recruitment agency in the UK and working with us can offer a range of benefits including;
• Access to a wide range of CPD courses through our various partners/collaborations (including Leeds Trinity University, Team Teach, NASEN)
• Competitive rates of pay, up to £74 per day (depending on skills and experience)
• Your own dedicated personal consultant to help support you within your placement