Part time English teacher needed for PRU
- The opportunity to help students with additional educational needs get back in to mainstream education
- CPD training available to help prepare you for this role
- Contact Zoe on 0118 9071532
Teaching Personnel are currently looking for a fully qualified English teacher to work part time at a secondary pupil referral unit in Reading. The unit specifically caters for KS3 students who have been excluded or were at risk of exclusion from mainstream school. All students have Social and Emotional Mental Health Difficulties but may also have other additional needs such as Autism, ADHD or Moderate Learning Difficulties.
Personal qualities required:
• Must be able to build effective relationships with difficult children and young people.
• Must be an approachable and caring personality with integrity.
• Must have flexibility, strength of character and resilience.
• Must be adaptable and willing to accept guidance and support.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• To keep up to date and have awareness of current, significant initiatives in education and in the teaching of your subjects.
• To liaise with your line manager to ensure the creation, consistent implementation and improvement of courses and schemes of work so that they are accessible to pupils and provide appropriate challenges for all pupils.
• To differentiate within the classroom to meet the needs of pupils with a wide range of abilities and specific learning difficulties.
If you would like to apply for this role, or find out more information, please contact Zoe Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0118 9071532.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to posts through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.