Part Time EAL & PPA Teacher Required for Primary School in Acton
- 4 Days split between 2 days EAL & 2 Days PPA support
- ‘Good’ Primary School which is community-oriented
- Central Acton location with excellent transport links
Teaching Personnel are working closely with a school that was founded over 100 years ago. The school supports pupils living within the local Acton & Chiswick area and now has around 550 pupils coming from a wide range of diverse backgrounds. For this reason the school has to cater for additional EAL needs and are looking to bring on an extra teacher in this field.
Your role will consist of leading EAL intervention two days a week where you will work with 1-8 pupils at a time across all year groups. Using your knowledge of Phonics will help to improve the children’s levels of reading, writing and speaking of the English language. On the other two days you will supporting as a PPA cover teacher between Years 1-6.
The ideal candidate:
• Needs to be a Fully Qualified Teacher with at least 2 years of school experience.
• Will have good knowledge of EAL and the Phonics curriculum.
• Is comfortable across all Primary Year groups.
• Able to plan in line with the EAL curriculum set out by the Senior Leadership team.
• Available 4 days each week with the opportunity for a 5th day of supply should this be of interest.
In return Teaching Personnel are able to offer:
• A competitive daily pay rate of £130+ depending on experience.
• The chance to work in an excellent school with the potential for a permanent contract in the future.
• Access to our CPD Academy (Continuous Professional Development) which runs multiple training schemes every holiday period.
• Support from a local consultant based in the Acton area.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the office on 0208 832 1960. The school are looking to interview from the first week in September!
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Registration is subject to an Enhanced DBS, valid references from recent employers and proof of right to work in the UK (AGY).