Literacy and Numeracy Intervention Teacher Role in a Primary School Borough of Tower Hamlets
- Long Term Role with an immediate start
- Situated 5 Mins from Tube Station
- Competitive Pay
We are looking to appoint a Literacy and Numeracy Intervention Teacher to support small groups of students to improve their literacy and numeracy skills. This role which will be built around the delivery of Functional Skills can be combined with teaching English and/or Math’s if appropriate. This role is flexible and can be built around the skills and experiences of the successful candidate.
We would welcome applications from teachers with a background in either Primary or Secondary education, and those with experience in SEND, although this is not essential.
Applications from candidates looking for a substantial part-time or full-time role will be considered.
The successful candidate will be able:
• to demonstrate high professional practice in all areas of work
• To help progress towards our vision, through a focus on raising the aspirations of students
• To be an excellent role model for students, commanding respect and being a positive presence around the school
• To be efficient and effective, highly organised in all areas of work
• To promote actively the school’s ethos through actions and words
• To plan effectively, taking account of the students’ ability
• To mark work effectively, using the school policy
• To have high expectations of students and ensure that students’ aspirations are high
• To record student progress so that you are able to talk knowledgably to parents/careers and other staff
• To provide all students with accurate, appropriate and helpful feedback so that they can make further progress
• To use all school policies and protocols effectively so that students can focus on learning
• To be aware of and adhere to teachers’ professional standards.
• The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought.
• If you are interested in this position please send a copy of your CV