BSL (British Sign Language) Specialists required in Newcastle to work with KS3 – KS4 students with ASC and PMLD
- Working with students (KS3 – KS4) who have ASC and PMLD
- Effectively working alongside other support staff using BSL and taking direction from teachers to implement SEN support techniques, personal care and BSL
- Excellent opportunities for CPD training including MAKATON, NASEN and Team Teach
Teaching Personnel are looking to recruit BSL (British Sign Language) Specialists to work with KS3 – KS4 pupils with ASC and PMLD experience in Newcastle for an OFSTED rated "Outstanding" School.
The students have all different levels of ASC and PMLD including non-verbal and sensory. The right BSL candidate would be expected to work within small classes on a 1 to 1 basis with the young person, taking direction from the teacher or SLT, delivering personal care as well as using their own initiative.
The particular school is a very accessible area of the North East and has excellent bus and metro links.
This role provides fantastic prospects for professional development, the chance to undertake exclusive CPD courses and gain further abilities with personal skills. Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Care Workers, Support Staff all welcome to apply.
- A passion for working with children with ASC or PMLD
- Must be BSL (British Sign Language) qualified
- Ability to work under pressure
- Calm and Patient Approach
- Able to deliver personal care
- Awareness of safety and wellbeing of children at all times
- Good understanding of SEN, including ASC, PMLD
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS – Full assistance provided (AGY).
If you are interested in applying please contact Niall Balmer in the Tyne Tees SEN branch on 0191 223 5073, or send your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org