British Sign Language Level 3 TA wanted urgently for lovely SEN School in Thanet
- Lovely SEN Primary and Secondary Provisions
- 1:1 long term BSL role
- Competitive Rates
We are urgently recruiting for an experienced Level 3 or higher level teaching assistant to work in a KS3 class at an ‘Outstanding’ SEN school based in Thanet
You must be qualified to British Sign Language level 3 minimum. In this role you will be required to support children 1:1 within the classroom setting and be committed to supporting their development.
**Candidates must be able to communicate with non signing staff**
The British Sign Language TA Role;
Start date – URGENT
Class – KS3 with 6- 8 pupils
Experience working in a Special School would be beneficial and good communication skills would be essential.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Hold a valid DBS registered onto the update service or have a DBS in process
• Have previous experience working with children/ people with hearing impairments
• 1:1 experience signing
• Have minimum of BSL level 3
The SEN School based in Thanet;
• School provides for students with complex learning needs, moderate learning difficulties (MLD), severe learning difficulties (SLD), autistic spectrum disorders (ASD) and associated speech, language and communication difficulties.
• School is divided into two separate sections: the main school for 7 to 16 year old students.
If you are interested in this position or would like more information please contact Ashley at Teaching Personnel on 01622 920701. Please also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Teaching Personnel are committed to the safe guarding of children. All applicants will have to undergo a full enhanced disclosure or have a current DBS registered with the Update Service for Child workforce only. Full assistance provided.