Autism Support Assistants Needed!
- Opportunity to work in a number of specialists schools.
- CPD opportunities available; TeamTeach, Autism Awareness and NASEN Training.
- Between £55-£65 per day.
Teaching Personnel are currently working on the behalf a number of specialists Autism schools located across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. We are looking to recruit Autism Support Assistants to support students both 1:1 and in small groups.
We have a number of posts available which are both full-time and part-time, commencing as soon as possible with the possibility of a permanent contact. You will be required to support students from year 7 through to year 11 who have SEN. Your primary function will be to:
• Nurture self-esteem in students working at low levels
• Instil confidence to achieve in the students you are supporting
• Be empathetic to the needs of students on the Autistic spectrum
• Be able to support students in a classroom environment whilst also being able to provide 1:1 guidance
The schools we work with place a great emphasis on the ability to work as part of a team and being adaptable to the ethos of the school. They offer a genuinely positive working environment and strong team ethic that empowers individuals to take control of both their own and their students development.
To be considered for this post you:
• Must have recent relevant experience supporting students with varying requirements whether this is from youth work, residential care or a similar post in another school
• Will have a recognised qualification whether this is a degree (any specialism), TA qualification or social care
• Will have a desire to work with vulnerable students from diverse backgrounds some of whom will have SEN
• Will have or be willing to obtain an up to date DBS certificate (Child Workforce) that is registered with the update service.
If interested, please apply with an up to date CV outlining your suitability for the post. Email email@example.com