Full time support assistant required to work 1:1 Year 4 pupil with severe Autism.
- Previous experience supporting pupils on the Autistic spectrum essential for this role.
- Working hours – Monday to Friday 9am – 2pm – minimum of 3 months!
- Opportunity to work within an OFSTED Graded ‘GOOD’ School located in the center of Blackburn.
Teaching Personnel are recruiting a specialist support assistant on behalf of a larger than average Blackburn Primary School. The role would require the successful candidate to provide 1:1 support for a Year 4 pupil with severe Autism. The pupil has recently relocated to the area from America and requires intense support for Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties.
If you are looking for a full time role within an OFSTED Graded ‘GOOD’ School located in the center of Blackburn, and has extensive experience supporting pupils on the Autistic spectrum, then please call me as soon as possible!
Ideally candidates will have the following:
• Access to a car with full UK driving licence (Must be able to get to Blackburn with Darwen)
• Experience working with Autistic young people who may present with challenging behaviour
• Willing undertake necessary behaviour management training where required
• Confident to work on a 1:1 or small group basis with students
• Willing to be involved in many extra-curricular trips into the community.
• Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
• Willing to work flexibly and be able to undertake shifts at short notice.
If this sounds like the job for you, then please send an updated CV with all relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS – Full assistance provided (AGY)