Teaching Assistant for ASC Wanted
- have you worked with children that are on the autism spectrum?
- Work within an SEN department in a Secondary School
- The ideal teaching assistant will be proactive, confident and not afraid of a challenge
Teaching Assistants required for our using secondary school in Newport
• Competitive rates of pay (£50 - £55 per day!)
• Exciting opportunity to work in a fantastic SEN Department with in secondary School!
• Ongoing CPD opportunities including Team Teach and Autism Awareness
Teaching Personnel are looking for 2 Teaching Assistants. The school caters for students with high functioning Autism who can present with challenging behaviour. One of the roles will be general classroom support whilst the other is a 1:1 role where you will be specifically supporting a student.
Most of the students are academically extremely bright and will be sitting GCSE’s, however they struggle with social skills so will need support to keep them motivated and engaged. Many will present with challenging behaviour so we are looking for people who can deal with this calmly and professionally on a regular basis.
Do you have the following skills?
• Experience working in a school or residential setting with children who have Special Educational Needs (experience working with Autism or Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties are areas of particular interest)
• Calm and patient, nurturing personality
• Experienced managing challenging behaviour calmly and with confidence.
• Confident to implement and follow Individual Education Plans and be willing to contribute to Education, Health and Care Plans with the support of the class teacher
• Experience supporting pupils on a 1:1 and whole class basis, in addition to supporting with trips outside of the school grounds
• Team Teach training or other equivalent behaviour management training (desirable but NOT essential)
If you think you have the relevant skillset for this role, please contact Lewis on 02920660276 or email email@example.com