Teaching Assistant - Salford
- Teaching Assistant - Salford
- Secondary SEN setting opportunities
- DBS on update service is desirable
My client is a specialist Secondary school in Eccles, Salford. The school caters for pupils aged 11 - 18 with severe, profound and multiple learning disabilities and autism spectrum conditions. It provides an understanding and supportive environment for these pupils to learn and develop. Learners will develop their functional skills, independence and communication through sensory and alternative curriculum activities. Students also develop skills for living, using practical and realistic contexts to learn, develop and grow. The College requires Teaching Assistants who are looking to help develop pupil’s independence and teach life skills. The Teaching Assistant must be flexible and able to adapt to a continually changing daily routine. The Teaching Assistant must be experienced and confident in managing challenging behaviour, including physical outbursts.
The Teaching Assistant must have;
• Previous experience working with pupils with ASC and PMLD
• Teaching Assistant Level 2 or above qualification
• A passion for developing the education of pupils with ASC and PMLD
• Team-Teach qualification
• Have experience working with Plevels
• have experience using alternative communication aids (e.g. PECS/ BSL/ Makaton)
Current DBS on the update service is preferred
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send your CV to email@example.com or apply online.
Alternatively, if you don't feel you meet the criteria for this role but would still wish to pursue a career in Education, please register your CV on our website www.teachingpersonnel.com .