Teaching Assistants with ASC experience required, Bury
- Teaching Assistants with ASC experience required, Bury
- Immediate starts available
- Opportunity to work within an 'OUTSTANDING' school
A Primary SEN school in Radcliffe, Bury require a number of Learning Support Assistants to work within KS1 and KS2. The successful candidates will start on a temporary basis with the potential of becoming permanent.
This 'OUTSTANDING' school caters for children aged 2-11 who have a wide range of complex Special Educational Needs including SLD, PMLD, ASC and sensory impairments.
It is essential for candidates to have -
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above, or level 2 equivalent in literacy and numeracy
• Previous experience in a teaching assistant or care environment
• Previous experience working with pupils with SEN/D
• Previous experience delivering personal care
• Experience working with children and young adults with multi sensory impairments and/or complex learning difficulties and disabilities
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Be Team-Teach trained
• Up-to-date DBS, preferrably on the update service
It is desirable for candidates to -
• have experience working with Plevels
• have experience using alternative communication aids (e.g. PECS/ BSL)
Teaching Personnel offer an excellent range of CPD courses including Team-Teach, Autism Awareness and Read, Write, Inc. Phonics.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or apply online.