Experienced SEN Teaching assistant required in Wakefield
- Chance to make a difference to children's education
- CPD opportunities
- Excellent opportunity for individuals doing a PGCE
We are currently looking for the right candidate to be a learning support assistant, supporting special education needs pupils with Emotional and Behavioural difficulties (EBD) and Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD).
At Teaching Personnel we offer a personalised tutoring service to help schools increase pupil attainment. We call these our intervention programs and each of these has been designed to help pupils reach their full potential. As part of the role you will be required to support children to re-engage in learning activities and have a strong understanding of meeting the social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs of young people.
Learning support assistants work either on a one-to-one basis or in small groups, within the school or possibly during outdoor activities.
Learning support assistant responsibilities include:
• Bringing together the National Curriculum with a curriculum custom designed to address the emotional, social and behavioural needs of the children.
• Improving pupil’s social skills, self awareness, confidence and skills for learning.
• Creating a safe, warm and caring environment to be able to provide a positive emotional and stimulating learning experience.
We are also partnered with Leeds Trinity University and offer a range of continuing professional development (CPD) courses to allow you to upskill yourself as an individual, these include Team Teach, an Introduction to Autism, Special Educational Needs and Disability & Effective Adult Learning Support. This is also an excellent opportunity to pursue a career in teaching and those working towards your PGCE.
• A chance to develop your communication skills and make a true difference in SEN children’s lives.
For the chance to begin a fantastic career journey in Education as well as work in a stimulating and rewarding environment, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.