Teaching Assistant, Ellesmere Port
- An ability to support positive behaviour management strategies with support from other members of the team
- CPD Opportunities
- A commitment to undertake further training and development
We are looking for a versatile support assistant who is skilled and experienced in working with children with ASC.
Our client is a smaller than average size special school, which provides for students with extreme behaviour, emotional and social difficulties. Around three quarters of students also have other special educational needs and/or disabilities, including attention deficit and hearing impairment. A small number of students are children looked after by the local authority and a small number of students additionally have mental health issues. You’d be expected to embrace the school ethos, supporting students’ through spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, working in partnership with feeder schools and members of staff from third party agencies.
• Work in a team
• Initiative/take direction
• Communication skills
• Organisational Skills/flexibility
• Experience of working with ASC pupils
• MAPA trained –Manage challenging behaviour
• GCSE A- C English
• NVQ supporting teaching & Learning
• Knowledge of TEACCH
• ICT skills/qualification
Register your details to receive a call back! All candidates applying for roles must have a DBS certificate registered on the update service (assistance will be provided if you don't have one) and must be able to come to our Liverpool based office for interview prior to the booking commencing.