Teaching Assistants required in Newcastle to work with KS1 – KS2 students with ASC
- Working with students (KS1 – KS2) who have ASC and Autism with low functioning students.
- Effectively working alongside other support staff and taking direction from teachers to implement SEN support techniques.
- Excellent opportunities for CPD training including MAKATON, NASEN and Team Teach
Teaching Personnel are looking to recruit Teaching Assistants to work with KS1 – KS2 pupils with ASC and Autism experience in Newcastle in an OFSTED rated "Outstanding" School.
The students have all different levels of Autism, ADHD, Asperger's and may be non-verbal. The right Teaching Assistant would be expected to work within small classes on a 1 to 1 basis with the young person, taking direction from the teacher as well as using their own initiative.
The particular school is a very accessible area of the North East and has excellent bus and metro links.
This role provides fantastic prospects for professional development, the chance to undertake exclusive CPD courses and gain further abilities with personal skills.
- A passion for working with children with Autism and ASC.
- Shows enthusiasm and confidence
- Ability to work under pressure
- Calm and Patient Approach
- Competent at record keeping to evaluate pupil progress
- Awareness of safety and wellbeing of children at all times
- Good understanding of SEN, including ASC.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS – Full assistance provided (AGY).
If you are interested in applying please contact Niall Balmer in the Tyne Tees SEN branch on 0191 223 5073, or send your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org