Teaching Assistant experienced in ASC required ASAP
- Are you a SEN Teaching Assistant looking for a challenging yet rewarding role?
- Are you experienced in PECS, Makaton, Team Teach?
- Opportunity to secure long term / permanent work
Teaching Personnel are looking for experienced SEN Teaching Assistants to work on a supply basis in local schools. The ideal candidates will be willing to work on a supply basis for a short basis whilst we seek a longer term / permanent role for you.
The role will entail:
• Providing general support to the class teacher.
• Working 1:1 and in small groups with children with Autism.
• Liaising with Parents and SENCO regarding pupil progress.
What the role requires:
• Experience supporting children on the Autism Spectrum.
• A strong understanding of ASC and other areas of SEN.
• Although a background in a school setting is highly desirable, the school will also consider candidates who come from a background in care.
Candidates with experience in Team Teach, PECS and Makaton are highly sought after.
If you have a passion for raising attainment and have experience supporting children or adults with Autism, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
All candidates applying to posts through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the Criminal Records Bureau - Full assistance provided. (agy)