Teaching Assistant to Support with SEN
- Opportunity to work with a fantastic team of teachers
- Fulfilling and Rewarding position
- Opportunities for CPD and training
Teaching Personnel are currently working with a school in the WF2 area of Wakefield to appoint an SEN Teaching Assistant who can provide 1 to 1 support for a child who has Special Educational Needs. We are looking for someone who ideally has experience working with children with Autism and Challenging Behaviour who can work alongside the class teachers as well as use their own initiative to meet the childrens needs.
Some of the responsibilities of the role are -
• To assist with the personal needs of pupils including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
• To assist with the supervision of pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning.
• To prepare the classroom as directed for lessons and to clear afterwards.
• To report to the teacher or line manager any pupil problems or behavioural difficulties in accordance with school policy.
• To report to the teacher or line manager on pupil progress and achievements in accordance with school policy.
• To assist the teacher or line manager by contributing as directed to a pupils’ individual behaviour/education plan.
Teaching personnel are committed to the safeguarding and promoting welfare of children. All candidates applying for a job though us must undertake or get an Enhanced DBS check on the Update service.