Teaching Assistant with experience of working with children on the Autistic spectrum required for day to day and long term bookings.
- Experience of PECS or Makaton desirable
- Weekly pay that is competitive in todays market
- Day to day supply, medium term, long term, evening residential work available
We are now looking to recruit teachers that are experienced or who have an interest in teaching children who are on the Autistic Spectrum. There are a variety of opportunities available in and around Leicester. We currently working hard to build the SEN business and therefore need skilled candidates that are looking for work within this field.
1. To develop an understanding of the specific needs of students with ASC.
2. To become a key worker to a named student/s.
3. To help the students to learn as effectively as possible in class, small groups and individually using some of the following methods:
Questioning the students to check understanding of the teacher’s instructions
Checking that the students are able to use the equipment and materials provided
Assisting in areas where the student needs the greatest support e.g. language, reading, writing, behaviour and social skills.
Helping to keep the students on task
Encouraging the students to attain independence in their work
Liaising with subject teachers about the best ways to achieve the learning intentions
To express concerns to the subject teacher where the work may prevent inclusion
1. To establish a supportive relationship with the students concerned.
2. To motivate and encourage the students by recognising achievement.
3. To help include the students in mainstream lessons and other activities.
Sound like the role for you?? If you would like more information or would like to have an informal chat then please call Robert for more information on 01162 325200 or email on email@example.com