Specialist Teacher required in Autism Specialist School in Bradford
- Experience in planning and delivering structured lessons for pupils with Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Relevant training in Intensive Interaction, TEACCH, PECS and/or Makaton is highly advantageous
- Open to undertaking relevant CPD and further training to further develop and share effective ASC Practice across school
A specialist SEN school in Bradford are seeking to appoint a Specialist SEN Teacher to support learners with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC). The school provides a differentiated curriculum for pupils aged 5-16 with a range of additional needs.
You will have experience teaching pupils with Autism and may also have received training in Intensive Interaction, TEACCH, Picture Exchange Communication (PECS) or Makaton. You must also have experience in developing and implementing Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) for individual learners.
You must have an understanding of the culture of autism, with an individualised, child-centred approach to teaching and learning. You will have experience of structuring the physical environment, using visual supports to make tasks and activities predictable and understandable.
You will be flexible and open to undertaking CPD and training to further develop and share effective ASC practice in and across school.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will undertake and lead learning, care and support programmes, to enable access to learning for pupils with Special Educational Needs. You will be required to support pupils at mealtimes - including feeding and/or Personal Care.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A recognised Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant Qualification
• Team Teach, Moving and Handling, Makaton and/or PECs training
• A positive and patient approach to teaching and learning
Situated just a 7 minute drive from the centre of Bradford, the school also has excellent transport links.
For more information or to register with Teaching Personnel and apply for this role, please contact Rebecca Holden on 0113 224 0234 or email email@example.com
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS – Full assistance provided (AGY)