Autism Specialist Teaching Assistants Required In Newcastle
- Experienced working within Autism?
- Have a passion for working within education?
- Looking for short and long term supply work?
Teaching Personnel are recruiting for Teaching Assistants experience in working with Autism in Newcastle. With many famous sights and attractions from the Angel of the North to the Quayside Newcastle is a city that has plenty to offer. Newcastle has easy access transport links such as the A1, A19 and A167 and bus, rail and metro.
You must have:
- Previous experience within Autism and Challenging Behaviour
- Ability to work in small groups and at times 1:1 with SEN pupils
- A calm, supportive and patient manner when working with children with behaviour problems
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to create appropriate activities designed for various levels to aid children learning
- Capability to prevent disruption in the classroom by controlling behaviour of the pupil
Experience within a school environment is desirable; however applicants from care and social work backgrounds are also welcome to apply. Owning own transport is preferable, however not essential.
Teaching Personnel work in partnership with a variety of leading, nationally recognised CPD providers, such as National Association of SEN, National Autistic Society, Rush Miskin, Team Teach, and Educare. The CPD on offer will assist with your personal and career development, putting you amongst the most highly sought candidates in the market.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure (Child Workforce Only) via the DBS - Full assistance provided (AGY).