KS2 Teaching Assistant required to work 1:1 with pupil
- Full time/long term position
- Competitive pay rate
- Courses available - free or at a reduced cost
Here at Teaching Personnel we offer a variety of intervention programmes to local Primary Schools. One of the most popular is our behaviour buddy programme where we place a member of staff in a local school to work 1:1 and with small groups on a on-going placement for the full academic year.
We are currently working with a fantastic Primary School in Watford who are seeking a member of staff to take on this exciting role.
The Behaviour Buddy will provide a complementary service to teachers and other staff, addressing the needs of a pupil who requires assistance in overcoming barriers to learning in order to achieve his full potential. You will also be required to work with a range of pupils, but give priority to this particular pupil who needs the most help.
This role will be predominantly education based but will have a wider remit including working with families and the wider community.
• Work with a pupil in Year 5 whose behaviour and disaffection has significant impact upon their attainment
• Support the ethos of the school
• Improve pupil progress and achievement by helping to minimise barriers to learning and maximise pupil participation
• To devise, implement and evaluate specialized programmes of work to encourage and promote a pupil’s social emotional and behavioural development.
• To work with teaching staff and/or other support staff in devising and implementing individual learning plans to promote pupils’ academic, social, emotional and behavioural development.
• To plan and facilitate structured games and activities, to support pupils to make appropriate use of unstructured times.
• To plan and draw up approaches that could be used to support pupils both individually and within a group.
If you feel you have the right experience working with children and excel in this role then please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01923 602 799