SEN Teaching Assistant Required, CENTRAL MANCHESTER, M11
- SEN Teaching Assistant Required to Offer 1:1 Support to Year 4 child
- Experience Supporting Children With Special Educational Needs is Essential
- Competitive Rates of Pay (£11,998 - £15,298)
A client school in Central Manchester are looking for a supportive Teaching Assistant to work in their Year 4 class supporting a child with severe ADHD on a 1:1 basis. This two form entry primary school prides itself on creating an ‘inclusive’ learning environment and is seeking a dedicated teaching assistant with a compassionate attitude to support this Year 4 child, full time, through out the school day.
The school is looking for some one who has experience supporting children with SEN, specifically ADHD. The child performs well academically, but needs additional support to help access the curriculum and stay on task at all times. The child can show challenging behaviour so the ideal candidate will have a proactive approach to assisting teaching and will be able to build good working relationships.
To be considered for the position you must:
• Have experience working with children with Special Educational Needs
• Have a proactive approach to assisting teaching with an ability to respond well to challenging behaviour
• Team teach training desirable
In return the school can offer you:
• Continual support from the SLT and school SENCO
• The opportunity to work in a ‘GOOD’ Central Manchester Primary School
• The opportunity to go onto a school based contract
This full time teaching assistant position will start after the Easter holidays and will run until the end of the academic year. The opportunity to be made a permanent member of staff may be possible for the right candidate.
If you have experience working with children with special educational needs and are looking to enhance your career in education then you are encouraged to get in touch.
For immediate consideration, contact Sasha in the Manchester Central Primary Branch on 0161 242 1796 or email your CV to email@example.com