Behaviour Mentor to support challenging Year 1 Pupil
- September Start with potential induction from July.
- Experience monitoring and managing behaviour is essential.
- Competitive pay for successful candidates! (Daily Rate of £65-£75).
The role of as Behaviour Mentor is to work alongside other school staff to provide support to students who need help overcoming barriers to learning. Often behaviour, attainment and attendance are issues that cause concern. The intention will be to help to bring about a sustained change with specific pupils and help to integrate them into the classroom.
In this specific role you will be working with a challenging Year 1 pupil that has been partially excluded from school. The boy spends 3 days a week in a local PRU and 2 days in the mainstream school. You will be based full time at the mainstream school and help to integrate the pupil into the school. On the other 3 days you will support in other areas!
Located in the heart of Acton this school is easily accessible by transport links. The school is 3 form entry with a diverse population and a senior leadership team that are actively involved in day to day affairs. The Deputy Head especially is taking a lead in the Special Education provisions and you will meet with her on a weekly basis.
The school are looking for someone:
• With a strong personality and is very persistent in what can be a difficult role.
• Can commit full time for at least a full academic year, with potential to go permanents next year.
• That has a desire to make a difference on the pupil’s life and help to integrate him into the school and improve academic levels.
• Who is able to be self sufficient and when it is needed can work independently on a 1:1 basis with the pupil.
• Holding a degree in a subject Education related or in Psychology would be ideal.
In return by joining Teaching Personnel we can offer plenty of support from a local consultant and personnel development with our in house academy. There will also be lots of training based at the school!
For further information please call Jamie at Teaching Personnel on 0208 832 1960 or to apply send your CV to email@example.com.