Behaviour Mentor - Islington
- Full time/long term position
- Competitive pay rates
- CPD courses available & Referral bonus scheme
Teaching Personnel offer a personalised mentoring service to help schools increase pupil attainment and concentration. We call these our intervention programmes and each of these have been designed to help pupils reach their full potential. As a behaviour mentor, your role will be to promote positive behaviour and challenge pupils to reach their full potential.
Behaviour Buddies work on a full day basis, five days a week for at least 2 terms.
Behaviour Mentor responsibilities include:
• To establish productive working relationships with pupils, encouraging and motivating them.
• Raising achievement by providing a specialist service that assists schools in meeting their targets and obligations.
• Being a friend to students with behavioral issues, giving them someone to confide in and trust.
• To challenge and motivate pupils, promoting and reinforcing self esteem alongside providing levels of individual pastoral support.
• Great chance for career progression into roles such as learning mentor, Opportunity to gain experience before doing PGCE.
• The opportunity to be an inspirational role model and mentor to a disadvantaged young person.
• Continuing professional development courses such as Team Teach.
The right candidate will be someone who is passionate about making a difference in children’s lives. Any of the following skills or qualities is highly desirable:
- Degree Educated
- Team Teach qualified
- Youth work
- Football Coach
If you would like to apply for this role please contact Ryan Clark on 0207 593 3072 or email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org